Wednesday, Aug. 29, 7:00 p.m.
Vermont History Center, 60 Washington Street, Barre, VT 05641
Anticipating a recreation of Teddy Roosevelt 1912 visit to Vermont during his Progressive Party run for president, writer, editor, historian, activist and progressive manager Greg Guma comes to the Vermont History Center in Barre with an evening of stories and thoughts about the evolving nature of progressive politics in Vermont. Including a preview from the upcoming multi-part documentary, The Vermont Movie, and also:
* How the Anti-Masons briefly took the state
* Burlington’s first progressive mayor and an early fusion movement
* Progressive Republicans in the 1930 and 40s
* Phil Hoff’s Democratic breakthrough and civil rights fights
* Why the Green Mountain Parkway never happened
* Speaking truth to McCarthy-ism
* Plus, the rise of Bernie Sanders
For more information, please contact
Tess Taylor, firstname.lastname@example.org
or visit the Vermont Historical Society website.